Monday, April 5, 2010

Song of the Day: All the Way by Leslie Hunt



Quantcast


Here is the reason I dislike American Idol. American Idol seems to me to be so obsessed with finding the next Christina Aguilera voice that they miss out on finding the kind of voice that will continue to grow and work for many different kinds of songs. I was surprised to find out that Leslie Hunt was actually on American Idol and of course in true Simon fashion, he focused on what he felt were her weaknesses. It's very depressing to live in a culture that seems to focus more on technique than artistry. Personally, I would rather listen to this song than half of what the American Idol winners produce. Just listen to the beginning guitar part. It's addicting. Leslie has a nice way of blending rock and jazz. She's a true artist and what I definitely consider to be a "music gem".

No comments:

Post a Comment