Monday, April 26, 2010

Song of the Day: Under Me Sensi by Barrington Levy



Here is a little known fact about me: I am a sucker for good reggae music. I love me some Bob Marley and Jimmy Cliff, mon'. No matter how you feel about the content of the lyrics (a lot of talk about ganga), you cannot deny the groovy-ness of the beats and how catchy a brilliant reggae singer can be. This is the first I've heard of Barrington Levy even though he has been a big Jamaican star since the 1980's. It appears that this song, along with a few of his others, has been mixed and modernized since its' original release and posted on myspace for people to stumble upon. Therefore exposing the fantastic "WAAAOOOoohh"'s to a younger generation. Amen to that! This is definitely the kind of song that I could play on repeat. In fact, I think I'll go do that. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment