Friday, April 2, 2010

Song of the Day: Rachmaninoff Prelude in G Minor by Valentina Lisitsa



I have a healthy respect for classical music, but I don't wake up every morning listening to it. I was studying this morning, which always requires classical music (any music with words would make me sing). I you tubed Beethoven's 5th symphony and found this incredible pianist named Valentina Lisitsa. First, I couldn't pull my eyes away from her bright colored dress (red is my favorite color). But then I focused on her playing. Just like the texture of the song, she was gently sliding her fingers across the keys, like she was stroking a pet cat and not once did she glance at sheet music. I believe there are a lot of artists who can play classical music with good technique but to able to do that and put such heart into it is enough to make me a fan! You'll see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment